№ 5 | Upbit - Cryptocurrency Exchanger Review CENTRALIZED
Upbit — is a young cryptocurrency exchange.
The service began work only in the fall of 2017.
Its owner is a company known in South Korea for its popular instant messenger Kakao Talk. Despite some shortcomings, which we will discuss below, the exchange is very popular and it occupies the 6th position at the time of writing.
From this, it can be concluded that the developers of the exchange are quite an experienced team that creates large-scale products for the market. It is worth to mention that the creators of Upbit signed a partnership agreement with Bittrex, which helped in creating a platform for trading crypto-currencies.
The daily trading volume of Upbit is approximately close to $ 256 millions of dollars.
At the time of writing, the platform has 268 trading pairs.
They are also are divided into several main tokens: USDT, BTC and ETH.
- High liquidity;
- There is a possibility of replenishment of the deposit with fiat currencies (Korean won);
- A wide choice of altcoins - on Upbit there are more than 200 trading pairs.
- The interface does not have an English translation;
- You can replenish your account with fiat money only in Korean currency, for which you will somehow have to open an account with a local bank;
- No margin-trading regime and the ability to take advantage of the leverage.